Räpälä, an old church place
This beautiful old medieval church place exudes peace. Located in the middle of spruce fences, the serene state of nature comes to life from the joyful singing of birds, which often fills the area of this already empty church place.
Located right on the banks of the Paimio river, Räpälä’s old church is a place for many to relax, sense the past or even enjoy a delicious picnic.
The Räpälä village church has been in operation since the 14th century, but it is known that prayers has been practiced in Paimio before.
The last service was held in the church in 1689, after which it was abandoned and probably demolished during the Great War.
A stone’s throw from the old church site is the site of Paimio’s old Pappila (Pappilantie), which has a history dating back to the 14th century. Today the place is privately owned.